Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Weight Watchers and why I want to join

Last night Dom and I were talking about having a baby. It's not a new subject in our house, in fact, it's a fairly old one. We just recently started the process of getting fertility testing done to see what the hold up is. But I fear it may be a more simple solution. I'm overweight. Very much so.. and my doctor has pulled no punches telling me this can make conceiving difficult. Then like some kind of divine intervention, Dom found out through his work benefits we can qualify to join Weight Watchers absolutely free. Wow! So we are going to call and get that set up. I am excited to take a new step towards a healthier lifestyle. I have been trying so hard to change things at home, but it's difficult. I eat the salads, the fruits and veggies, but inside Im kinda dying. I hate that kind of food! I grew up with the sugar laden junk food of the 90s and was never taught any different. I love chocolate, I love candy, I love fried fatty foods. I just DO! Quite often because of my scoliosis and arthritis I find myself not wanting to be cooking a big meal. I'm in too much pain and it's SO. MUCH. EASIER. to get a meal out. But I know I need to change my way of thinking, to break the cycle before this new (theoretical) baby comes. I want him or her to have the healthiest life possible, and that's why I'm going to make the changes this year if it kills me. I have been walking more, sometimes 2 miles a day not counting any errands and whatnot. That's a lot for me! As someone who has spent a lot of time sedentary because of depression, pain, or what have you, 2 miles is actually pretty amazing. I want it to stick this time. I want to be healthy. I want my children to be healthy. I hope Weight Watchers will help my family attain our goals. Maybe with a support system in place I won't feel like such an utter failure and go right back to my old ways when I mess up. Maybe I can learn to cope with my stress instead of eating it away. Maybe just maybe we can all live better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment